Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Tomato Photo's Style of Photography
Simple, Natural, Beautiful is Tomato Photo Studio’s style of shoot. All you see is the person(s), the subject.
For babies & kids photoshoots, Hart’s forte is in handling and capturing the kid’s expressions. Expressions that you see of your kids everyday but never been able to capture yourself.
For kids with family photoshoots, you’ll be looking at lots of connections, fun and lifestyle portraits in the most natural way.
Generation, graduation family shoots would lean towards either formal classic or casual lifestyle. For shoots involving more family members, tact and flexibility is key in making sure the elderly and younger families are in sync with final image expectations. At Tomato Photo Studio, Hart is great at handing people from age 0-100+. So you’re in good hands!
Who Is Your Photographer?
Hart is the only photographer in Tomato Photo. He is a Master Photographer Accredited by UKMPA; have won numerous photography as well as entrepreneurship awards since he started his photography career. He is also regularly invited to speaking events related to kids and family portraits.
That said, Hart is one of the few that is able to handle and photograph the whole ‘spectrum’ of people from newborn babies, kids & children, tweens & teenagers as well as the elderly. His personable disposition and talent in photography makes it a perfect fit for his chosen career.
Where Are you Located?
Our photo studio is at the central eastern part of Singapore in a fully wheelchair accessible building with sheltered drop off foyer at 62 Ubi Road 1, near Singapore Traffic Police.
Tap here are the Directions To Tomato Photo Studio.
Where Do You Shoot?
Hart shoots in studio, client’s home or on-location (hotel staycations, outdoor, overseas).
Depending on what you like,
- In our fully equipped, accessible Photo Studio
- Singapore Botanic Gardens – If you like greenary and open space and central location in Singapore.
- Your Home – If you have young children, the best location is usually at home and its surrounding
- East Coast Park – If greenery and beach is your thing. This will be top of my list
- Marina Bay Promenade – Love those iconic Cityscape as the backdrop of your family shoot? This is the location to be.
- Gardens by the Bay – If you love greenery and something represent Singapore and if you like “outdoor look” in AC environment, Flower Dome is fantastic.
- Marina Barrage – Greenery, Singapore Skyline Backdrop as well as Industrial look
- Hotels – One of the most common place to do it if you are planning to do a staycation family photoshoot.
- Overseas Destination – If you are my loyal clients, I am happy to travel with you to whenever you prefer. Simple call for a chat. Here is a family photoshoot in Hong Kong.
Still at a loss? Learn Where Should You Do Your Family Photoshoot In Singapore.
So How Does it all work?
One of the most asked FAQ. Once you have confirmed a session, you’ll receive preparation tips for your photoshoot and when the shoot day comes, here’s what you’ll expect.
- Fully guided photo shoot session with Our Master Photographer, Hart Tan
- You will see edited images within 3 days from your photo shoot.
- You will have 30 days to place your order via our online gallery.
- Your order will usually be ready within 2 weeks from your approval.
- Your order will then be couriered it to you once they are ready.
- All of our products carry 100% satisfaction guarantee, so if you find something that is not to your expectation, we will cheerfully replace it.
We understand our clients are busy and appreciate the convenience of online purchases anywhere anytime, hence we usually meet once during the photoshoot either in our studio, on-location or at your home. In the event that clients prefer to select their photos in our studio or at their home to get some of Hart’s personal recommendations, we’re happy to arrange that too!
How Much Do you Charge?
Session fee is $450
Print Starts from $45
Wall Canvas or Frame Print start at $499
Album Start from $699
Digital Images start from $199
Client usually order online and no face to face sales session so absolutely no pressure. However, client usually spend from $1600 on their family memories.
How long is the session?
Our focus is on offering you more quality images in the shortest possible time. Most kids have small attention span and many adults are happy to be in for a specific time. So 1 hour or so is what we need to create many beautiful images for your family. Should we feel that you need more time, we will do so on the day.
What kind of clothing should we bring?
Clothing should be reflection on who you are as a family. If your family prefer bright and happy colours, then that’s what you should be wearing.
However, do avoid busy pattern such as small flowery pattern, checked pattern or big bold logos and anything that is distracting.
White, Black, off-white and soft color (blue, pink, yellow, green) tend to be more timeless.
What happen if my kids are unwell?
We want to ensure everyone is at their best, so talk to us if your kids are unwell. We will find a good solution that fit both of us.
What happen if there are bites/scratch/pimples on my children's face?
Scratches, bumps, bruises are part and parcel of every kid, its totally normal and we tend to just remove them during the post production stage.
What Happen if my kids are grumpy during the shoot?
With over a decade of experience in handling even the toughest kids who many parents told us that won’t smile, our clients keep coming back because they get the results, consistently, every single time.
The success of the shoot is our ultimate priority, so we tend to work together to find an alternative solution should we encounter a rare moment where kids just had their day!
What time is your session?
Session start as early as 7am and as late as 5:30pm and anytime in between.
For generation portraits and if all children are at least 7 years and older, we can do evening sessions as late as 8pm.
We will work with you in terms of your children’s best time. That’s usually when they just finish their nap and away from their meal times.