Information for Family Shoot
Tomato Photo’s Philosophy in capturing the beauty of your family beyond the smile.
I love to get to know you and your family. I believe a great portrait session is a reflection of the trust and understanding between the photographer and his subjects.
The portrait session with Tomato Photo generally start with a warm up session so expect to spend 5-10 minutes talking and bonding. This is very crucial for the success of the shoot. So don’t rush, enjoy the process and let me guide you and your children through the shoot.
I believe in simplicity.
My images evolve around the people, it means, how your body language that makes a person unique. I am looking for images beyond the superficial look.
How I approach the session:
I will guide you along the session to achieve the best possible outcome.
My intention is always to relax you and your family so I can capture the real moments and emotions. So I will try to be as less intrusive as possible.
I may joke around, appears silly at times especially when photographing little children as I try to get the genuine smile from everyone.
I love a relax and candid way of capturing the real moments and emotions. So I will try to be as less intrusive as possible. However, there are times that I will be very close to your child to get some very special and personal type of images.
I have different way in looking at the final images that I want to capture so I work the very best of I am left to create, but if you have a specific thing or two that you want me to achieve for you, please let me know in advance.
WARNING : CHILDREN WILL BECOME MISCHIEVIOUS AND WILL TEST YOUR LIMIT. IF YOU FEEL THAT THEY ARE NOT COOPERATIVE, PLEASE WALK AWAY AND LET ME HANDLE THEM.
WARNING 2 : IF YOU SEE YOUR CHILDREN DON’T SMILE “RIGHT”. LET ME KNOW PRIVATELY, DO NOT TELL THEM, AS IT WILL MAKE IT WORST AND PLEASE LEAVE IT TO ME.
WARNING 3 : DO NOT TELL THEM TO “COOPERATE” OR TO “SMILE” AND PLEASE LEAVE IT TO ME.
- Young children love to play, so I keep the session relax and spend a lot of time playing with the children to get the real smile.
- It is preferred to have everyone wear similar tone and color for family shots but don’t match everyone and you are welcome to bring extra set of clothing should you prefer some more formal and some casual shots.
- Solid color, soft color, black, white and neutral tones are preferred so the clothing are not competing with you as subject.
- For individual shots of children, they are welcome to wear what they like, so bring another set of two for them will be beneficial. However, if your child don’t like to be changed, please keep it to just 1 set of clothing.
- Leave the control of the children to me because relax parents tend to equals to beautiful images. I will seek your help should I need it.
- Parents are encourage to have their phone off and not in their pocket so you can play with your child(ren) and leave the work behind during the whole duration.
- During the session, I will make a lot of suggestions and requests to your child(ren), but let me assure you that it is perfectly normal that children will ignore majority of it. You might feel frustrated and eager to suggest the kids to look at the camera and smile. Often, that will make it worst. It is best to stay relax and let me handle the situation.
- For those formal, everyone looking at the camera shots, I will suggest that I will be the one who should be the “monkey” that makes the child laugh and look into the camera. Helper, parents or grandparents are kindly requested to refrain themselves from attracting the attention as they tend to look at you and as a result, you will have images of child not looking into the camera. I will ask for your help should I need it.
- I love capturing intimate shots between the family, mum or dad with their child(ren) as well as genuine laughter of everyone. So relax, enjoy the shoot and I will guide you through the whole process.
- Allow your child(ren) to be themselves, after all, it is them at this stage that you want to remember when they grow up.
- For parents who wear transition glasses, make sure you bring one without it as bring light will cause it to darken and it is not ideal for photography.
- For make up, keep it simple and natural and reflect the best of you. Most clients choose to do it themselves and it is generally more than sufficient, however, should you need recommendation of make up artist, please let me know and I am happy to give you a few names.
I hope you have all of the information you need, however, should you need more information or need to talk about your ideas, simply give me a call on +65 9147 5123