Maternity Shoot's Information
Tomato Photo’s Philosophy in capturing the beauty of your family beyond the smile.
I love to get to know you and your family. I believe a great portrait session is a reflection of the trust and understanding between the photographer and his subjects.
The portrait session with Tomato Photo generally start with a warm up session so expect to spend 5-10 minutes talking and bonding. This is very crucial for the success of the shoot.
We believe in simplicity.
My images evolve around the people, it means, how your body language that makes a person unique. I am looking for images beyond the superficial look.
How I approach the session:
I will guide you along the session to achieve the best possible outcome.
My intention is always to relax you and your family so I can capture the real moments and emotions. So I will try to be as less intrusive as possible.
I have different way in looking at the final images that I want to capture so I work the very best of I am left to create, but if you have a specific thing or two that you want me to achieve for you, please let me know in advance.
I focus on the beauty of your new shape as well as the intimacy between you and your other.
In studio environment, lighting will be used to create images that show the best of you. So, relax and I will guide you along the way to ensure we capture the best of you.
In outdoor environment, I will use natural lighting and will focus on you and its surrounding.
I do maternity photography session from fully clothes to nude if you feel comfortable with it. Nude images can only be done indoor.
Here are a few ideas to prepare for the maternity shoots for best results.
- If you are planning to do some images showing your tummy, semi nude or nude shots, it is in your interest not to wear anything too tight a couple of hours before the shoot, such as jeans or slacks with tight waistbands and undergarments so you don’t have the elastic or strap marks on mummy’s skin.
- Try not to use lotion on your belly, especially the kind to help reduce the stretch marks on the day of your session as it will make the belly appears too shiny in the photograph.
- I will shoot details, so pamper yourself with a simple manicure, pedicure as well as blow dry your hair to feel good, relax and energized. A relax and comfortable mummy and daddy equals an enjoyable session.
- In terms of clothing, please bring those that show the shape of your tummy, so skin hugging clothing are preferred. Solid soft color works the best. However, bright color works too for one or two shots. Black or white color clothing works well for color or B&W and it is always the most preferred color when comes to maternity photography. However, a soft flowy dress works well as long as it still body hugging. If you are bringing 2 pieces clothing, make sure the top and bottom matches.
- Partners could bring denim and/or matching tops/bottoms to complement mummy’s wardrobe, a recent hair cut or clean shaven face may work well too. However, if you prefer otherwise, you are welcome to arrive the way you prefer to be photographed.
- Kids are most welcome in the maternity session. However, if you are planning to have a few intimate shots, please do have someone around to care for them during the session.
In terms of make up, I am always looking for natural make up which you can do yourself. If you don’t wear make up on daily basis, consider having a little powder and lip gloss. Should you need a professional make up artist, please let me know and I am happy to give you a few names to contact.
I hope you have all of the information you need, however, should you need more information or need to talk about your ideas, simply give me a call on +65 9147 5123