Newborn Session Info
Tomato Photo’s Philosophy in capturing the beauty of your family beyond the smile.
I love to get to know you and your family. I believe a great portrait session is a reflection of the trust and understanding between the photographer and his subjects.
The portrait session with Tomato Photo generally start with a warm up session so expect to spend 5-10 minutes talking and bonding. This is very crucial for the success of the shoot.
I believe in simplicity.
My images evolve around the how the newborn look like inside mother’s womb.
How I approach the session:
I will guide you along the session to achieve the best possible outcome.
My intention is always to relax you and your family. I tend to pick up the newborn when they cry as I prefer sleepy and comfortable baby.
I understand that you may want to keep to your feeding schedule, however, during newborn session, baby tend to move a lot and they are naked, so they tend to get hungry sooner than usual. So I would suggest a feed before the schedule time. Please work with me as I need to ensure baby is comfortable so we can get the best for you and your baby.
I have different way in looking at the final images that I want to capture so I work the very best of I am left to create, but if you have a specific thing or two that you want me to achieve for you, please let me know in advance.
My idea of newborn photography is to capture how the newborn may be in your womb.
- During newborn session, I tend to keep the room warm by not having the AC on. However, should you need to have the AC on, you are welcome to so but keep the temperature to about 28 degree celcius.
- I generally keep the baby naked for the session so I can capture the purest way of a little newborn. Of course, I will take images with wraps and clothing for variation.
- If the newborn can be fed prior to the session will be great as full tummy equals to contented baby. If you can, remove the clothing and leave just the nappy and swaddle before feeding the baby.
- I will guide you through the whole process and give some recommendation on poses and what I am looking for. However, I will keep the images natural.
- Natural light is my preferred way in capturing the images of newborn, however, flash might be used if it gives you better images. Please let me know if you prefer me not to use the flash in advance. The flash used is very low power and it will never harm the newborn.
- For parents, I would recommend a matching solid color top, either white or black works well, but if you prefer other color, you are welcome to wear them.
- Mummy (if permitted in your culture) have a quick shower and make up before the session.
- Daddy is encouraged to have hair cut, shaved and have the nails clipped before the session.
- I am ok if you would like to take a picture or two during the shoot, however, please kindly let me know so I can stop for you to take the pictures. I do work best in the uninterrupted manner so while I am generally ok for parents or grandparents to take pictures, please keep it to minimum.
I hope you have all of the information you need, however, should you need more information or need to talk about your ideas, simply give me a call on +65 9147 5123