Who Need Mini Family Photoshoot?
First of all, I know that many of you always look at your friends’ photos and probably think. “There is no way we will put ourselves through all the stress spending hours posing in front of the camera.“
First of all, Jessica Bernard felt exactly the same (see her thoughts below)… Josh is 6.5yo and because, Ella who is 2.5, literally hate sand and grass in her shoes while Ella also simply isn’t a morning person.
Similarly, if your family dynamics has more or less the same. This article may be something you should keep reading on.
One thing for sure that we all know is having your memories captured is not only important, it is probably the only way to show you and your family really existed.
Of course, unless you are on Interpol most wanted list or some exclusive people who feel fine to be forgotten once you leave this world, you got to really have your photos taken once in a while. Even more so especially when you have young kids.
Typical Excuse #1
I get it, it is always those few pounds… let me burst your bubble… are you ready…?
It will only get worse…. Just think about last weekend.
Did you have one extra drink that you shouldn’t? An extra slice of pepperoni pizza that you shouldn’t eat?
As a result, unless you are someone who workout real hard regularly; or someone who is either blessed with great genes or is a breatharian, chances are, it will get worse.
Similarly, one of my client waited 6 years… guess what? the weighing scale kept showing increments!
Yes yes, as a professional, yes read PROFESSIONAL, i will light you better so you shave off a few pounds, then capture you in the right angle, to shave a few more pounds… you will be laughing so hard now and glad you did it today… I ain’t a miracle worker, but of course I know a thing or two to make you look better than real life.
Now, you are probably going to tell me that your husband is going to kill you to spend the money… Times are bad, yadi yadi yaa… or he says he just hates being photograph…
Totally understand… try this…Why do you think I am behind the camera all the time? Because I try to avoid the camera at all cost (pun intended)?
I hate it as much as your husband. In fact, I used to fight with my mother who always wanted our family photos taken. Now, I know I do it for my children. My 3 boys whom I love dearly is going to have some pictures of me with them too!
Then you are going to tell me that your kids just hate it every time you take that iPhone out and take their photo.
Short answer is, you can pretty much leave it to me with the kids. I have my way around them. All you need to do is (pretend) to be happy and bring lots of smiles. Oh… no no, I don’t mean really pretend… but you know, try to lah! It will be easy I promise.
So if you are those who like quick and fuss free experience, a mini session at East Coast Park will be your answer for those grandparents at home and precious memories for your own family too.
So to sum it up Mini Family Photo shoots Are:
- Affordable (yes your husband is probably going to nag less. It is certainly not cheap but you know affordable compared to the usual value associated with your memories),
- Quick (for those who never have time),
- East Coast Park (best place in Singapore, says me!) and last but not least,
- I will be the monkey for your children. Means you don’t have to deal with them for at least half an hour. Yes… good thing come in small bite size.
“Its too good to be true!“… and it is… because it is only going to last for a very limited time as good, affordable things usually don’t come often or stay very long.
So its a mini date session, I don’t mean dating me, I mean to schedule a date for your mini session for your family who everyone including yourself hated to be posing in front of the camera.
How Mini Family Photoshoots Work?
It is a promise that you won’t have to pose, hence, guidance is provided.
As a result, I won’t tell you to tilt your head left or right, but I am going tell you to squeeze your kids from time to time or to throw them up and down (for some overdue exercise) and to run with them as well as turning them upside down from time to time or simply chase them down the beach. Simply, spend time, create precious memories with your children.
Finally, You will be sweaty, you will get lots of sand in your shoes, between your toes, you will probably get yourself a little wet, but hey… as results, your kids will remember this great time you spend with them. I will be there just to capture it, probably the way you never thought it was possible.
Above all, who needs a perfect pose model in your family album, so, you can be sure that I am looking for everyday mum and dad who is willing to spend some time with their little kiddos playing wholeheartedly and have their memories captured at the same time.
We recently did an East Coast Mini Shoot with Hart – our first ever family photo session. My husband and I are not very comfortable in front of the camera, while the kids have a tendency to ham it up the second they see the camera – no easy, natural photos for us… or so we thought!
The mini shoot is a great option for those who may not be keen on having their photo taken – because it’s outdoors you don’t feel too fake or posed, and it enables you to interact with your kids and each other in an unforced way. It’s also over so fast that the kids don’t have a chance to get bored, they’re having too much fun!
The three things that impressed us the most:
1. Hart’s manner is so lovely. He’s so relaxed and we were all instantly at ease for the session, we interacted with each other as usual while he gave minor directions or responded to our requests. He’s particularly great with kids, and instantly put my 6 year old son at ease. My stubborn 2 year old resisted his charms initially, but he won her over by encouraging her to look for shells on the beach. The result – gorgeous, candid photos of my kids being themselves.
2. My husband was reluctant to do the photo shoot – he wanted the photos, just didn’t want the awkward photo session – but has since commented that he was amazed how much it didn’t feel like a photo shoot. It just felt like our family, hanging out with Hart, who just happened to have a camera.
3. I can’t stop looking at the photos! The light and composition is wonderful, and he’s captured some brilliant expressions from both my children. I got teary when he first sent them through (same day as the shoot btw!), and it’s so special to have some photos of the whole family – previously the only photo of all of us was a selfie!
From a reluctant, camera-shy family, we are now total converts to the family photo session, and will definitely be booking another mini shoot with Hart in the future.