Being A Newborn Photographer - Is This For You?
You Love Photography!
Photography Is Your Passion, Your Hobby.
You Talk And Breathe Photography
You Bring Your Camera Everywhere You Go.
You Take Photos Of Everything And Anything That Interests You.
You Particularly Like To Take Baby Photos.
You Are Starting To Think That You Could Potentially Be A Newborn Baby Photographer Doing It On The Side…
And MAYYYYYBEEEE Transitioning It To A Full Time Profession.
- You Are Not Entirely Sure How To Start?
- What It Entails?
- What To Expect?
- What Equipment To Use?
- What Props To Buy?
- What Style To Shoot?
- How To Light?
- How To Set It All Up?
- How To Price?
- Where To Get Trained Technically?
- Should You Rent A Studio Or Do It From Home or Client’s Home?
All these questions are valid questions to ask yourself before diving all in and investing to your time, effort and money to get it all started.
Feel that you need to understand the big picture of being a Newborn Photographer before diving all in, then
Join Hart of Tomato Photo in the Introductory Newborn Photography Workshop.
Hart have been photographing newborn babies since 2008 and has been through the changes in newborn photography landscape worldwide for the past 11 years. He started without any network in Singapore. Armed with a second hand camera and computer from his time in Sydney, and the kindness of having a bedroom in his parent’s home, he started learning the ropes from the ground up.
From home studio to professional studio, natural light to artificial light, pose to lifestyle to classic newborn portraits. He’s been through all that, observing the market shifts and cycle. Understanding what client’s want. He photograph newborn clients from all over the world and travels around the region for newborn shoots as well. After 11 years of photographing newborn babies, he is still voted Number 1 Newborn Photography Studio in Singapore in 2019. From his client’s testimonials, you will see why he has been consistently been awarded Top 10 newborn and family photography studio in Singapore.
His record newborn photoshoot fetched him $20,000++, possibly the highest paid newborn photographer in the world who is valued for his work. This is the possibility of being a professional newborn photographer.
Dream big, take steps to learn, plan and execute; to achieve your dreams.
Its not going to be overnight success, it takes lots of hard work, passion and perserverence, and he is going to be sharing the big picture of the ins and outs of being a Professional Newborn Photographer.
From there, you decide if this path is for you and if you were to move forward, what you need to be aware of (in terms of the big picture) so that you can plan ahead.
This weeknight course focuses on what you did not know about being a professional newborn photographer apart from the endless pursue of image perfection in technical lighting, posing and styling..
It aims to help potential photographers understand the big picture in being a newborn photographer. It helps you in identifying your strength and/or weakness. Prioritise areas for further education and improvement to have a chance in your success for being a professional photographer.
- Baby Safety and Handling;
- Natural Light Vs Flash
- What equipment and props should be in your starter kit.
- Maintain a Studio, Home studio or shoot on location?
- Newborn Image styles – Prop based, Minimlists, Florals, Digital Backdrops
- Pros and Cons of the above
- How To Price, How to Charge – Maintaining balance in shoot volume
- Initial Investments when starting up
Who This Introductory Newborn Photography Workshop is For?
- People who have a day job who are looking to upskill their hobby to future proof themselves.
- Stay at home parents who loves photography and are looking to pick up a new skill to potentially turn it into a new career to achieve work life balance.
- Photographers who are thinking of expanding their business to include newborn photography.
- Avid photographers who like to learn about the big picture of being a professional photographer (more than just sharpening technical skills to get paid clients)
What Benefits You Will Get From This Introductory Workshop?
Whilst there are no short of online courses or in person 1 day workshops that teaches you technical lighting, posing, styling. This newborn photography introductory course takes a step back to help you see the big picture on the business of newborn photography.
We will break down the elements to bite size components that you will easily identify areas of your strength and weakness; identify areas where you need to further your knowledge and education to strengthen; and learn to increase your chance of success. You will:
- Walk away understanding the pros and cons on the various newborn styles, business models (home or studio, prop or not, in person sales or online sales), client/parent management, post-processing, equipment needed.
- Gain knowledge of the big picture into the business of newborn photography to help you form a structure and prioritise your future learning needs.
- Set achievable goals and plan actionable steps to achieve it.
- Walk away confident with a new set of skills that you can apply immediately.
DATE: 18 February 2020
TIME: 6:30PM – 9PM
LOCATION: TOMATO PHOTO STUDIO
62 Ubi Road 1 #10-23, Oxley Bizhub 2, Singapore 408734
Full payment is required to firm up your slot. No refund will be given for no-show, or if you are unable to attend. However, you can get someone to replace your slot. All you need to do is to let us know before the workshop.
- Light refreshments will be provided
- Starter Kit List Of Equipment and Props for Newborn Shoots
WHAT TO BRING:
- Open Mind
- Notepad and pen